Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe

Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe

Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe

Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe
Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe
Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe
Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe

The event has a backstory based on the “Shonen Maid” manga, to the effect that the poor orphan child is struggling to makes ends meet by maiding (if you’re familiar with Shonen Maid or Kuro-kun you’ll know the pattern).

Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe
Shonen Maid Shota Crossdressing Cafe

All sure to appeal to their clientele, which is fujoshi (female otaku); the cafe is actually situated to take advantage of the famed Otome Road fujoshi shopping experience.

The event, a fair, is set to last from the fifth to seventh of December, after which the cafe will return to its usual crossdressing antics.

Via Mainichi.

The latest desperate variation on the standard maid cafe, in the face of what may soon turn from maid boom to maid bust?

Comment by anon
    04:15 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

It would just make a bit more sense to let guys work there, or even both genders. So long as they got the prety look right, they should be both androgynous for it not to matter!

Comment by Destinii Haruya
    03:04 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally something for us girls! =D Actually, when I first saw it I was like "=@ He's hot!" then realized it was a she and totally freaked out. xD

19:49 18/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

you could be lesbian or bi then

Comment by Anon
    07:13 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Boo should be a boy.

There's a different person in the second set? ... They ... are definetly not as good as the first set.

Comment by Kuro
    11:32 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Fangirls are booing this.

Hell have both working there, a new surprise every time you peek under a skirt. O_o

Comment by metatron
    01:53 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Double Reverse Trap...my p0n0s is confused @@

Comment by Atashi
    23:40 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I know where my future lies...

Comment by alex1_phang3
    00:12 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The face is soo neutral when you look from a distance

Comment by Shin
    00:21 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

My penis is confused.

11:49 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

SHE A FUGLY LOOKING MAID! I THOUGHT SHE BEEN BORN DEFORMED D:

14:20 24/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Double Reverse Trap is the RL equal of the standard trap. Awesome.

Comment by Zwagon
    18:02 22/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i was disappointed when i found out it wasn't an actual shota ;_;

also, shota maids don't solely appeal to fujoshi, ya know~

Comment by kesadisan
    19:55 05/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh man She was really looking like a boy with a girl face, in boy body on girl maid costume
    XD

Comment by iken masin desu
    23:50 10/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

girls dressing up as shota dressing up as maids???

just say girls dressing up as maids. fail traps don't fool me.

Comment by A real MALE SHOTA COSPLAYER
    09:38 17/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thats fucking retarded
    and a blashpemy to real boys who do shota cosplay.
    Fucking stupid bitches <.<

Comment by goodyfun
    14:39 14/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Your name can't be true... Men/boys never are that brave. I want to believe it, though...

Comment by anon
    22:39 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Reverse Reverse Trap?
    My head!

Comment by Kageryu
    15:40 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Double Reverse Trap Maid.

DRTM

05:03 09/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

DRTM ftw

New Abbreviation Registered Successfully!

Comment by Tommy
    15:24 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

So, he's a male? dress as a maid?

Comment by Artefact

It's very simple. This is a female dressed as a boy cosplaying a maid.

Comment by NxacoFals
    15:47 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

"At Ikebukuro based 80+1, rather than ordinary maids, customers will be served by female staff cosplaying boys crossdressing as maids, that is to say girls dressed up as shota-maids."

You would think with all these questions, that people on the internet have some how lost their ability to read.

I wish they'd have cafes/resturants like these in the USA. I say that, but I'm sure SOMEWHERE there is at least one, but I mean more popular like at least one in every other city or two. I think it'd be entertaining.

00:31 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe they're just a bit confused, or in disbelieve.

Guess something in me snapped and grew wings of light, seeing all that is good in people after reading too much retarded and uninformed comments on various sites.

Comment by Artefact

I find it sort of flattering that people do not bother to "RTFA" - having read Slashdot for a decade, it seems almost fitting. Lately, we've even had some "First Post" posts - those I really dislike, I must admit.

Comment by Garland
    19:00 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

It comes with the increase in readers; I'm horrified by the recent explosion of Weeaboos myself and "proud "otaku"" myself.

Soon you're going to get little cliques of haters and that's when the fun really begins.

Comment by Takkun
    19:20 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I just don't get why people would waste there time on that bullcrap. Whether most choose to believe or not, there are serious readers out there who do like to discuss topics like this. I am amused that this string of comments though.Yay for the people who actual care and pay attention to what they read! OTAKU FTW!!!

Comment by Xzone
    Comment by pus2meong
    14:40 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Is she or he...???? I got brain freezed XD

Comment by Honoko
    06:32 24/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

the character is actually a boy but the actual model/actress in real life is a girl. It's not that easy to find actual naturally looking girlishly men.

Comment by Martijn
    04:08 25/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Leave it to Japan to mess with genders on this scale.

Comment by h8GWB
    15:36 17/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My trap radar is giving false returns!

02:20 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

>reverse trap

fixed.

Comment by Fumika
    14:58 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

This is truly messed up...

Comment by Foton
    14:59 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

So, so, she's fair game, right? :d

Comment by AnonX
    16:38 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

This shit doesn't make sense, so much that I'm annoyed by it. I won't even explain how stupid this is since the description is adequate enough. Seriously.

Comment by takuya13
    18:08 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

damn thats confusing.. XD girls dressing up as boys dressing up as girls

Comment by kenjiharima
    20:55 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

As my saying goes. Cosplay a man as long as IT'S A GIRL OR A WOMAN Iam A-Ok with it. But if it's a TRAP. Iam outta there!

Comment by Detailoid
    21:49 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

DAMMIT! The headline was promising and I was hoping it was a guy maid cafe ;_; You crushed my dreams, crushed them so hard...

Oh well, does this mean there's a chance one of those 'butler' (the correct term would be valet, dammit!) cafes are gonna have some female butler events? i.e. temporarily bringing in some female staff to do the butlering... :-3

Comment by Furinkan
    17:49 05/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

@kenjiharima

What? I couldn't make sense of a word you said. "Cosplay a man as longs as it's a girl or woman". Okay, so it's okay for a female to crossplay as a man. Is it okay for a man to cosplay as a man..? And... you don't like the idea of a trap? Now that's just confusing, it can work both ways, but it usually refers to a boy crossplaying as a girl. So... what you *don't* want is a guy crossplaying as a girl, pretending to be a girl who's cosplaying as a boy..? Jeez.

@Detailoid
    Fear not! Swallowtail has been around for at least a year now. It's a pity they were booked out well in advance last time I went, maybe I'll make it this time.

Comment by Detailoid
    21:51 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Durrr... Was supposed to be a comment to the article, and not your post... It even showed up at the end of the page.
    My apologies. (I should have pressed CTRL+F5 instead of only the latter)

Comment by Vissssss
    21:37 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

When I first saw the title of the article, I misunderstood it and thought it was shota cosplaying as maids......
    Silly me.

Comment by Johnson
    20:22 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess I must approve, in the spirit of Persona 4.

Comment by Kyonshi
    19:58 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha, adorable. Were I to get to Japan, I'd have a lot of cafes to visit...

Comment by Takkun
    19:21 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I for one would love to go to a place like that. Oh the excitement of guessing! :)

19:29 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i am super confused so its female that cosplay as shota that pretend as female maid to entertain fujiyoshi that really like shota type that obviously male, and if they like it doesnt that mean they became a yuri person?

Comment by Detailoid
    22:08 30/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know know how wide-spread it is, but some Japanese women are afraid of men, and I imagine that may be a part of the appeal, that this is truly fiction, and that the nerds can lust away as much as they desire since it's all just make believe anyway, and has no chance of crossing into potentially dangerous territory.

I remember some documentary about those all-female theatre groups in Japan some decade ago, the actresses who permanently got assigned to be male role actresses got tons and tons of female fans, tons of roses and other gifts from them, without it ever being considered gay. The female fans were attracted to them not because they were female (their female-female co-actresses barely got any gifts in comparison from girls), but because of their male persona, and that in some cases being seen as better than real men (the stereotype of 'dreamy' men vs real men, that is). "Harmless", "pure" and "healthy" crushes.