Censorship + Vampire

22:22 23/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

darn them for censoring. in my opinion it is kinda irritating when there is such Censorship. it is one of the main reasons why i prefer the first season to the second.

Comment by FAIL
    08:41 02/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Reminds me of Kodomo no Jikan. Besides, isn't ecchi + "intentionally added censorship for TV VERSION" kind of pointless anyway? I'm waiting (still...) for the DVD release, but it had better be worth it (as in ALL THOSE KUMAs and BATs HAD BETTER BE GONE) In b4, "pedobear appearance in ecchi anime?"

Comment by Genius
    09:04 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Ive already dropped this show from my viewing list. Its not like it was a particularly good anime to begin with, the whole point of watching it was really for all the stuff they are blocking out. Either way no big loss, there's way better animes out this season.

Comment by DemonLordShugo
    08:06 01/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, honestly they should've made it like the manga, or they pull a Hellsing on us

Really they should do what they did with Hellsing

Comment by DemonLordShugo
    00:25 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate censorship in any form, and those bats are pissing me off

08:11 20/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what are you saying konata!?!?
    shouldnt you go play with kagami and tsukasa instead?

Comment by XSportSeeker
    22:50 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not in a position to demand everything, but I think anime fans over Japan must start boycotting TV networks that are behind such practices before things get worse.

Because all they are interested in is money. And if abusive censoring practices like those proves proffitable, soon they will be chopping large chunks of the anime episodes... maybe cutting entire episodes on the excuse that "hey, we have to make some money" or something like that.

Either they release it straight to DVD, or they should preserve the original media as free of censorship as it can be.

Comment by XSportSeeker
    22:51 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

EDIT: "demand anything" I meant up there.

Comment by kenjiharima
    00:30 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Are we watching bats or bears? Or are we watching a good autumn anime turn batty-bear? Man I hate this...I for one hate censorships, but ruining the show! It's fanservice alright, but the issue here is more on bats and bears, it ruins the show more than anything else!
    It's like anime prostitution! You can't see the goods as long as you don't pay!

Comment by kebrus
    00:47 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

that bugs me too, steam or mysterious flashes or whatever is a ton better, these bats and bears only distracts me from the anime itself, it's stupid

if they don't want to show pantsu to boost dvd sales fine, do it.. but keep out the bats and bears...

Comment by foeevaddr
    04:58 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf at the censorship. covering up a girl who is wearing a bikini? man censorship sucks for anime. i do agree that the flash/steam is better than bats/bears

Comment by Tanku
    13:36 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

yah, it's idiotic. That's why I've wholly given up on the show. I mean, I'm not going to lose sleep over it because, while it has it's moments, it's not really that great of a series in the first place.

Comment by CMWilly
    17:02 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i think the censorship is a ploy to get the fans to buy the dvds.

Comment by Tanku
    15:43 01/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

It pushes me in the other direction and I wouldn't buy the #$@! DVDs because of it.

That aside, who in their right mind would run out to purchase the DVDs just so they could see the bikini and panties that the bats and bears covered up?

Comment by Tanku
    13:35 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder if it's not a 'quiet protest' on the animation / production company to get the fans in an uproar...

Comment by Actar
    04:42 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Minor censorship in Animes that don't focus on fanservice is alright (though I still hate it.), such as the popular shower scene in Code Geass.

However, censoring a show whose main (only) attraction is the fanservice is like taking away the show's purporse. Famous examples are Kodomo no Jikan...

Comment by S_K
    09:18 31/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Somewhere under all that fanservice, Kodomo no Jikan has a few compelling elements. But we're probably talking 95% fanservice to 5% thought provoking content.