All Night Gaming Kills

All Night Gaming Kills

A boy (15), who spent all night gaming at a net café, suddenly keeled over dead in the early morning.

The boy apparently went to the café with his friend (17) at 8pm, where they spent an hour gaming and then went out for supper, returning at 10.

However, at 2am he was found face down at the computer, apparently sleeping. After two hours of this, the manager of the shop became worried and took the unconscious boy to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The café operator was found to be unlicensed, claiming ignorance of the need for one in the newly established venue, though this does not seem to be connected the boy’s demise.

It is important for the parents however: they explain that “up till now our boy never played games into the night like this, and he was mostly healthy and free of illness”. They also explain that they plan to sue the café…

Via Searchina.

Nobody seems concerned to relate his cause of death, and worst of all we do not hear which game killed him. Wags have been suggesting he was PKed…

12:56 01/05/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

ok... like even an Epic Gamer, an EpicSlayer who spends 12h playing, 2h eating 2h various and 6 sleeping for years can hold a conversation today and yet how would gaming kill? 1, gaming causes stress over time, 2, being new at a game takes more mental toll in those hours, 3, coffee is a stress booster that can even lead to panic attacks, 4, any substance being drugs or medication to a product combined with coffee can suddently go wrong under those stress conditions for no apparent reason...like when playing ColdSnap in Halo PC Custom Edition for 6 hours can give me numb hands and i need a break to eat and drink watter, pee, then listen to music for 1-2 hours before I feel good enough to resume... like no matter how good you are, no ammount of game play later... getting good only gets harder and harder untill your 1st-4th in most games servers and 30% of the time being in the lower 10th to ???thZ like even the best falls down from lower classes... just that much less often... like if you can get some one stressed out... you WON HALF THE BATTLE!

18:48 20/01/2010 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

he was fine playing The World until Skeith got him
    lol

Comment by Kman
    02:42 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wait what? He played for a total time of FIVE hours and died? Something tells me that the cause of death was not related to the gaming itself...

06:59 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Funny how no one responded to the last comment
    "Wags have been suggesting he was PKed…"
    I'll buy that excuse... XD
    Seriously 5 hours is nothing :O My longest recorded time for playing a game over a month was 300 total hours :O *about 12 hours a day* and I didn't keel over and die... There is definably some other cause to this. My guess is Food Poisoning, some other event that took place before entering the Cafe... or his friend possibly poisoning him since apparently his friend wasn't with him when he died :O

20:44 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

agreed i play like 17 hours from time to time and hey im still alive...XD...maybe he got PKed as suggested and was sent to the game LOL XD (.hack/o_<)

Comment by pocky
    03:00 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

my record: 18 hours...

Comment by Ren Ichimoku
    03:38 23/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

mine is 23 hours ^^ don't its true

if You don't believe fine... hehehe

Comment by Artefact
    02:52 09/10/2008 # ! Impenetrable

I've managed more than 24 hours without ill effects, though some might beg to differ...

Comment by TheLAG
    18:17 19/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

2 and a half days. Jolt, caffeine, and the occasional usage of weed.

That was one hell of a Monster Hunter run, and I said "Ok", that's enough, curled up and went to sleep right there. :/

Comment by Musashi75
    10:27 14/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

i wanked for 24 hours and i begged for more. X-P

16:06 26/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol, I went for a 4 day gaming maraton once... 5 hours is nothing. Monsters and Hot pockets FTW!

15:45 29/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what a shame he didn't even have a chance to try playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for about 2 days....

or did he?

Comment by Alski
    02:05 30/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bet he ate some poison in his "supper" :D

06:36 24/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

boy found dead after 5 hours of minesweepers on a net cafe computer

jk

Comment by Twitchforanime
    07:56 22/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

4 days huh? nice, when i was like 12, i got ahold of FF7 for ps1 and i played till Aeirth died...i got real attached to her and had like an emotional breakdown where i kinda just stopped playing for a few months....anyway till that, i lvled my ass up etc etc, it was like a week and a half straight, tea, brownies(home made of course, by moi) and cinnamon buns + a few apples here and there = win win win win, emotionalburnout ....lol

Comment by Echo The Black Mage
    12:12 28/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell Yeah, Tired As Hell and Making jokes every 5mins:P

It goes ass long there is No fucking CS Heads Around (HOW IN HELL COULD YOU HAVE FU... YOU ....... ... .... BA..... DIC. HAVE SHOT ME, I WAS BIHIND THE FUCKING.....)
    DO I really need to say more?

08:56 19/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He could have gotten tired and then decided to take some red bull. Yes, that can kill you.

If you're sleepy and drink a red bull your heart might stop from the sudden energy boost.

03:16 20/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

dude, in 5 hours, im not even done warming up. LOL did they check if he was playing .hack or Angel Sanctuary?

17:03 28/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

His weak stamina is due to the fact he lacks training. Play more games. Modern Warfare 2 FTW.

Comment by Ryuuku
    04:08 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

YAY! I beat you all with 36 hours of constant gaming... then a rest, of an hour, and gaming for another 8 hours... went to sleep after that... xD

-Ryuuku

Comment by MR mighty meat
    04:28 11/10/2008 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I wouldn't pride myself on gaming for that long, I game in doses. It's healthier that way.

Comment by twitchforanime
    09:19 20/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

psssh, when im playing mmo's (like rappelz) i can game for days at a time, i gamed for almost 70 hours straight, mind you near the end i was zoning out and my dungeon party died a few times cause i couldnt concentrate, but i leveled to 56 in under three days bitch yea, fuck you. Did an essay the next day too.

15:13 18/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How ture

11:34 11/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

HA 40 and something hours wihout rest....to bad after that i went sleep and for a week only wake up for meals then went back to bed i should had played 15 hours T_T

01:30 18/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

im the guy that played 40 hours wihout sleep now i played 56:36 straight ons notebook pooping while at the game eating while at the game and sometimes using some hard stuff to prevent myself of falling asleep.I must say stay 56 hours wihot sleep SUCKS from now on i'll play like a maniac 18 hours a day eating pooping and sleeping on the rest of the time.

Comment by Jarmel
    13:40 26/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I lost track after 72 hours. One of my relatives said it was closer to 5 days but I can't remember, I was in a basement.

Comment by hurr
    18:42 22/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i bet it was the food

Comment by Twitchforanime
    07:58 22/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

without sleeping (at all, so no zoning out no spacing out etc/w/e) was playing a DP in Rappelz for 3 and a 1/2 days straight, approx 86 hours, needless to say, i leveled up.

Comment by Sevodax
    18:25 29/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nah the most logical thing that could have happened was that some kind of ghost/shinnigami/etc or something like that came out of the screen and killed him! ^_^

16:35 19/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this article made me laugh so freaking hard.

silly twits, staying up for hours and hours on end playing games doesn't kill you, telling that person to get up and go outside will

06:09 16/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

He died because he got stuck in The World and was PKed...

Comment by Anon
    21:24 10/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

5 hours and died? Screw him, he was weak.

Comment by SaruDa
    22:33 22/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

My record was about 16 hours when I first got my hands on Tsukihime(my first visual novel).

Comment by fxc2
    19:02 18/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You guys are really weak. I've played 42 hours straight, not even a headache.

Comment by Maximatum99
    05:59 23/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Come on! The dude was a total noob or something was obviously wrong with the guy.

Comment by kesadisan
    23:48 24/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

just 5 hour and dead?
    Maybe he got Seizure or Something?

I can stand up to 2 days and no problem

Comment by kesadisan
    23:50 24/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

fix: he was PK-ed

14:40 06/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And that's the reason you shouldn't die in the .hack games

07:25 03/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

He was PKed .-.

I wonder what'd he dropped...

Comment by GodMan
    00:34 07/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

What a wimp!!! can't even handle 5 hrs of gaming...
    oh wait maybe the game was that bad.

Comment by darknetwork
    20:30 21/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

well. they can sue the cafe for its illegal license but not for killing their son. there is no proof of connection between his death and internet cafe's doing

13:23 27/03/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I have a confession, I was the one that PKed him! Who is next? C'mon I will PK all other gamers on this planet!

11:06 04/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

ITT: no-lifes brag/lie about gaming for unreasonable amounts of hours

you start hallucinatng after 50 hours or so, i doubt you'd be playing games for long after that..

22:26 18/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

masturbation makes people blind, gaming kills, .. it seems all the best thing in the world are dangerous.

19:37 22/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"They also explain that they plan to sue the café…"

The neglectful fucks.

Comment by Klingengeist
    03:07 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I remeber the news some years ago where a korean played for 2 or more days without sleep, fainted and died.

Does anyone know now why the boya actually died?

Btw my longest time without sleep was 3 days. On the first day i went from germany to austria (vienna) where played games with my friends th whole night. The 2nd day i went back home and played diablo2 until the 3rd day. ^^

PS:
    I didnt sleep last night but my weariness i going away right now...

Comment by neoGenesis
    03:26 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe he found the matrix and is currently in Zion dirty dancing with the other awakened people there?

Just a thought xD

Comment by SaruDa
    Comment by Olympus
    01:55 10/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

lol not even close i once went o a gaming rampage for 4 and a half days only having 3-4 hrs rest per day and fatigue was the worst that came on me but death lol maybe it was something he ate

Comment by NeoCrisis
    16:22 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

yet another life taken away by WoW

Comment by plmko
    11:53 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe he isn't really "dead" but rather "dead tired" hahha .....sorry.