Asakusa Loli Carnival

Asakusa Loli Carnival

Loli samba dancers cavorting in bikinis at the Asakusa Samba Carnival, a long running event styled on Brazilian culture. Most of the participating dancers are of course healthy young ladies, but in this case the emphasis must fall rather heavily on the “young” element of the description.

Some would say this is not in the best possible taste?

22:32 06/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You can't judge...it's CARNIVAL!

12:06 05/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this is brazil

12:08 05/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is SPARTAAAAAA

23:05 01/03/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

no, this is patrick

Comment by KingFisher
    07:03 16/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I came upon this article by random. Is it just me or do the kids in this picture not look all that happy or do they look like they have down syndrome or something? They don't look like they're having much fun.

02:37 22/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I've had the opportunity to attend Asakusa Carnival for three years. Most of these kids are Brazilian nikkei (descendants of the Japanese diaspora that emigrated to Brazil) who live in Japan.

For them, this is totally acceptable behavior, whereas I'm not so sure if the real Japanese would like to see their daughters walking the streets almost naked.

17:39 19/09/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate that stupid moralfags, start to mind your own business and shove your heads out of the dark place where they are obviously stuck.

Comment by VZ
    09:08 22/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh Japan, you card you. Lol.

Comment by E.J.
    21:57 16/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'll never let one of my little daughters get into that kind of outfit.. o wait, i don't have daughters... nevermind

Comment by nckl
    00:29 17/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

If this happened in America, even I would probably complain. And this coming from someone who has been around long enough to be somewhat desensitized to all that Japanese loli stuff.

I don't take issue with little girls dancing or even the costumes themselves (hell, I like scantly clad samba dancers as much as the next guy). But put that costume on a girl that looks like she's 6, and I get a little mad and disgusted.

08:25 23/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Its good to know that there is at least one sane person out there.
    This is sick.

Comment by tyciol
    16:21 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay so, it is 'sane' to react with anger and disgust when seeing girls dancing? It is 'sick' to not react negatively and to observe it neutrally? You guys are interesting.

Comment by Yuun
    20:49 16/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I say, is best we perceived them as being cute n fun but lets not be too negative or view them in a sensual ways. I would prefer those dancers were well developed young adults though ^^

Comment by etemmu
    20:12 16/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

ok now this is seriously WRONG this kind of event looks like a work of a PEDOPHILE

01:10 11/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this is very good event .

02:00 04/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They have clothes on. There's nothing wrong with it.

The problem may rather be that you became aroused by children and perhaps came to realize your own paedophilia? -- Rather than the fact that children are having fun just like the adult dancers. Why shouldn't they be allowed to, just because some people are sick paedophiles?

Comment by tyciol
    16:19 12/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WHAT OTHER EXPLANATION COULD THERE BE etemmu?

02:21 15/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I doubt it on several counts:
    1. even though it may appeal to paedophiles, the young girls may very well like to dress up and thus are enjoying themselves
    2. young girls in short dresses are also par for the course as "Funkenmariechen" in German carnival, and if you suggested this was to please paedophiles, I suspect they'd be very cross (although, arguably that could be about being found out)
    3. if nothing else it's the work of several paedophiles.

09:05 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FemAnon here (you may curse at will). I would have loved dressing up in this costume as a little girl and march in a parade. I'm sure plenty of little girls would be excited to do so as well.

Even still, I think they could have toned the design down a little for children.

Comment by plmko
    20:40 16/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thats a bit unfair judging this whole carnival as "loli" just because there are a few kids in samba gear. This event has been held since 1981 and it mostly includes dancers who are not "young."

Comment by Artefact

"Most of the participating dancers are of course healthy young ladies"

I never implied it was a pure "loli carnival", but rather that it is a carnival containing loli content, which is evidently undeniable.

01:58 04/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see children, not lolis. These are definitely not cartoon characters.

07:45 04/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Loli refers to a girl that's underage or looks underage, it's not just limited to 2D.

Comment by Ayu
    00:23 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

o.O how odd...

oh well, as long as the lil girls'r having phun... *shrugs*

Comment by lolikon
    19:26 15/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's funny ^^ i hope pedobear war watching Summerslam or something like that :)

Comment by tingle
    18:10 15/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

that's adorable, but i could tell its nothing i would ever allow my daughter to do after I noticed I was erect. With people like me in the world Brazilians should love their kids enough not to let people like me objectify them.... in the butt.

Comment by sashi-
    02:23 15/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh mygawd, this is horrible, but I can't get properly irate about it unless you post a video ;)